I encourage changemakers like you to serve a greater story.
- I work at the intersections of servant leadership and social impact
- I believe in the transformative power of conscious capitalism, social entrepreneurship and patient capital
- And I practice and teach others-first marketing (i.e. valuing customers’ needs above an organization’s wants)
About Keith Reynold Jennings
I serve as the corporate vice president of community impact for the Atlanta-headquartered staffing enterprise, Jackson Healthcare. In this role, I lead our LoveLifts initiatives, which include associate volunteerism and community partnerships, as well as business mobilization and philanthropic efforts. Plus, I help our 1,300+ associates discover their purpose and values through serving others.
I helped launch and continue to support goBeyondProfit, an initiative to identify and recognize Georgia businesses that give back and serve others in impactful ways.
But my greatest achievements lie beyond any title or business — a twenty-year marriage, two sons and two daughters. Nothing has taught me more about the importance of putting others before self than being a husband and dad.
Previously, I served as Jackson Healthcare’s vice president of corporate marketing. Before that, I served in management roles in a two-hospital health system, as well as healthcare scale-up firms.
To this day, I continue to draw inspiration from poets, chefs, ecologists, artists, artisans, writers, musicians, entrepreneurs, economists and engineers.
And if you were to ask me the question — “Tell me something that’s true that almost nobody agrees with you on?” — that Peter Thiel made famous in his 2014 book, Zero to One, my answer is this: Time is a human invention. It doesn’t really exist.
- A Deep & Simple Call for Servant Leaders in a Noisy, Violent World
- Are You Building a Story or Narrative?
- What’s His Dog’s Name? A Servant Leadership Story